Thursday, September 10, 2009

A sweet moment + milestones

As I held Divya in my lap, she stared at my thali with such intensity, willing it to rise upto her. When the stare wasn't enough, she tried shouting at it too. I held it up to her for a closer inspection. She sweetly opened her mouth as if it is only natural that the thali be sampled. I obliged and gave her a taste of it and she promptly scrunched up her face in displeasure.

Love this dame and every moment with her.

She is "this" close to rolling over. She has started rotating today. She will lift her bum high up in the air and try to roll over but that damn arm comes in the way.

She has been "standing" (bearing her weight on her legs) for about a week now. When she had just started doing it, her face would break out in a big smile and she would beam with pride - look at what I can do! Now it has become so matter-of-fact. The moment her feet touches anything, she will stiffen her knees and want to stand. This is her current favourite activity, other than eating.

Speaking of eating, today also marks the day that she had her first proper feed of rice cereal. I have been offering her rice cereal off and on and she would eat a spoon or two and then lose interest. Today, she lapped up the first bowl I had prepared for her and then lapped up the second bowl too and then screamed for more. Rice cereal however is not the only thing in her menu. Adult food suits her taste better. She has eaten capsicum, egg plant, dosa, pancake, kheer and her favourite - strawberry! I hope I'm not jinxing myself with this post but I do believe this one is going to be a healthy eater (not taken after me, thank God!)


Eating is an intense activity, complete with fist clenching!