Thursday, September 10, 2009

The magic chain & crisis management

Ashwin was wont to waking up at night with nightmares. He would often dream of some animal coming to eat him or push him. As much as I tried, I could not make him understand that they were dreams, figments of his imagination and not reality. I was losing my sleep over it too and so we made the magic chain.

I crocheted a chain with some beads in it and kept it on the altar. We prayed to God to make it a magic chain so that if someone tries to eat him or pinch him or beat him or push him while he is wearing the chain, the magic chain will push them away.

This is his most prized possession now. He will not go to sleep without it. He would wear it 24/7 if I let him.

The other day, in a moment of mischief, he climbed up on his chair and pulled open the cover on the security monitor and punched some numbers in it. The alarm started to beep slowly at first and then blared so loudly that I'm sure cars on the freeway would have heard. I ran to get the phone to call the security agency and he ran in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.
"I'm going to wear my magic chain so that the police will not buchkoo me" he replied.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's my smart grandson