Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Deja Vu: Hide and seek

Ashwin was having his breakfast on the bar counter while Divya and I were quite ready to go one morning.

Let's play hide and seek, she said. (morning. Before day care. and WORK!) Why not??!

"I'm the hidinger, you be the counter", was her command.

As I started to count, THUD THUD THUD she ran into the bedroom as noisily as only a not yet three year old feather weight like her can. And then BANGED the door behind her. With a great effort not to go straight to the bedroom, I started looking for her in the laundry. "Look for me HERE" she called out from the bedroom. (while all the while, Ashwin watched on with a smug grin on his face and the superiority of his intellect on his mind, forgetting that a mere 3 years ago, he has played this exact same game with the exact same rules)

No comments: