Monday, February 22, 2010

Snippets from school

How was school today Ashwin? I asked when I went to collect him yesterday. Nice came the succinct reply. What did you do? I don't know.

Don't know?

You went to school today, right?

Yes.

What did you do there?

I don't remember.

This is as I was picking him up a few seconds after school finished...

This morning, when I was putting clothes out on the line to dry,

Amma, you know, in school, when the clean up bell rings outside, we have to shake the things to remove the sand from it and then put it into the basket and then when the basket is full, we should not do anything by ourself but we should find a friend and together carry it to the shelf?

I love hearing these snippets from him and reliving childhood education through him. But I guess I just have to take them as he dishes them out and stay hungry until then :)

No comments: